The village of Callas
Callas is a village perched on the side of a hill, right in the centre of the Var region in the south of France. Its name comes from this situation: “kal”, rocks and “calade” stone steps.
Callas is composed of winding streets, white stone steps leading to small square in the middle of which we can find fountains.
On the main square, the café terrace is the place where tourists and locals meet in the shade of the big trees.
The local services: post office, medical and dental centres, hairdresser, bakery, petrol station, tourist office, restaurants.
Townhall address : www.callas.fr
- The Callas oil mill is the last one still working in the village. It sells locally-produced olive oil.
- An artisan vinegar-maker offers different types of vinegar.
- La Bastide du Plan is a private vinyard producing high-quality rosé wine.
- A farm offers goat cheeses.
Local artisans :
- Manufacture of natural olive oil soaps
- Manufacture of santons de Provence (Christmas crib figures)